Home Forums Member Forum Introduce Yourself – no longer in use – Please create a new post if you wish to introduce yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself – no longer in use – Please create a new post if you wish to introduce yourself

Denise
Keymaster

Hi Michael.
I’m Denise and I also have cervical dystonia. I joined the DNA committee last year. Meeting people with dystonia has helped me because although I have supportive family and friends, they don’t really understand.
I’ve only had 3 rounds of Botox and have had mixed results. I don’t go well on many meds so I asked my neuro at my last appointment if he was an authorised prescriber of medicinal cannabis and unfortunately he’s not. I don’t know whether many neuros are. I don’t know that I would consider it yet but I just wanted to know if it’s an option down the track. I do lots of exercises and stretches which seem to help with my pain and range of movement.
I hope we can meet up at one of our meetings. I like hearing what other people are doing for their dystonia and looking for tips!
Denise