Home Forums Member Forum Introduce Yourself – no longer in use – Please create a new post if you wish to introduce yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself – no longer in use – Please create a new post if you wish to introduce yourself

admin@dystonia
Keymaster

Hi. I’m Lesley I have cervical dystonia. I was first noticed to have a tremor when I was 12 – 61 yrs ago! We have a family history of dystonia so it was just noted that I have the “head shaking” that ran in the family. At one stage it was thought to be a form of juvenile Parkinsons Disease. It was not always present at that stage and fairly minor so was not neeeding treatment. The tremor has gradually increased and following recommendations from my excellent GP I saw a Neurologist who trialed several medications, most of which I had side effects from and the others did not work. He referred me on for a trial of botox which I have been having regularly ever since.
Im looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully sharing solutions to some of our most irritating problems. At the moment mine is fatigue. very inconvenient!
Cheers
Lesley