Home Forums Member Forum Introduce Yourself – no longer in use – Please create a new post if you wish to introduce yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself – no longer in use – Please create a new post if you wish to introduce yourself

mbraund
Participant

Hi I’m Mandy. I’ve been suffering with Cervical Dystonia for 35 yrs. Wasn’t diagnosed until around 15 or so yrs ago. My GP had never heard of Dystonia before! I read an article in a waiting room that encouraged me to ask the question – could I possibly have Dystonia? Prior to my diagnosis I was told I was “possessed by the devil” or it was all in my head (ie. mental illness). Have tried various treatments over the years including oral medication and Botox injections; seen 3 x Neurologists; Physio, Chiropractic, massage and relaxation. I am at the point where I’m searching once again for some relief/treatment. Hoping to seek out a treatment plan that will include – Neurology, GP, Physio, daily self-care/meditation, diet and exercise – to manage symptoms. I’m interested in hearing from others who have had successful treatments and how they manage their day-to-day.