Home Forums Member Forum Introduce Yourself – no longer in use – Please create a new post if you wish to introduce yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself – no longer in use – Please create a new post if you wish to introduce yourself

Louise
Participant

Hi Eric and Robyn

By comparison, my neck turning and speech difficulties are very minor. And as for the rest Eric – yes, it is a long list, but to look at me you wouldn’t guess most of it (possibly because of medication). In fact, if I stayed in bed all day or sat in a recliner, I’d be in almost perfect good health! It is just doing anything that starts off the twisting and within hours – exhaustion.

If you saw me in a restaurant you might notice that I tip a bit to the left and am not eating much, and my walking/moving is a little on the slow and laborious side.

I’ve come to realise that one positive for me is that I am the Mother to a very active 9-year old, which means I need to make sure I get my resting/activity balance just right. There’s no feeling sorry for myself or pushing things until I collapse in a heap! When I get the balance right, I am able to do most of what I need to do.

Robyn – thank you for telling your story. I am sure I am not alone in finding the journey to diagnosis quite a long, lonely and laborious one. It helps to read the stories of others. I applaud you ladies for what you are doing with this site. Let’s hope we hear from others soon.

Cheers
Louise