Home Forums Member Forum Introduce Yourself – no longer in use – Please create a new post if you wish to introduce yourself Reply To: Introduce Yourself – no longer in use – Please create a new post if you wish to introduce yourself

Anna
Participant

Hi Wayne and everyone,

I’ve just joined this group and noticed you’re on the Central Coast like me Wayne.

My story is that I’m 55, married with 2 adult kids.
Around November last year I developed stiffness in my neck followed by my head rotating to the left.
After seeing a chiropractor,physio and having acupuncture I was eventually referred to a neurosurgeon. An MRI showed spinal canal stenosis. The surgeon couldn’t explain the head rotation but said if I didn’t have surgery and had a car accident and whiplash I could end up as a quadriplegic or 6 foot under. She said she hoped the surgery would resolve the head rotation too.
I had a cervical laminectomy and fusion of C4-7 in February and of course my problems didn’t go away.
I saw a neurologist last month and got told I have cervical dystonia.

He has given me 2 small amounts of Botox over the last month which have done nothing.
My question is that although you’re not supposed to have Botox more often than every 3 months, has anyone else been given top ups in the first dosing round till they get to the right dose to do the job?
I read somewhere that it’s more about the total amount of Botox rather than the frequency.

Wayne, I was wondering who you see on the Central Coast and if they’re any good?
I’ve been trying to speak to my Neurologist since last Thursday since I’m in a real mess and I can’t get passed the receptionists!

If you want to email me directly rather than in this public space please let me know and I’ll give you my email address.

Thanks
Anna